American Health & Drug Benefits receives advertising support for its print and online editions and maintains editorial integrity through policies that define the Editorial/Advertiser relationship:
- Print and online advertising does not influence editorial decisions, and advertising is not an endorsement by the Publisher, Editor, or the Editorial Board.
- AHDB reserves the right to refuse any advertising for any reason maintaining a climate consistent with the journal’s high standards of healthcare editorial.
- Editors have full and final authority for approving print and online advertisements and for enforcing the advertising policy.
- Print advertisements are interspersed throughout the journal but do not interrupt the flow articles. The journal website contains online banner advertising.
- To avoid implied endorsement by the Journal, the article, or the authors of the article, advertisements are not adjacent to articles addressing the product or its disease state.
- The Publisher reserves the right to print the word “Advertisement” on any advertisement where it may not be clear, so readers can distinguish readily between advertising and editorial.
- It is the responsibility of the advertiser and its agencies to adhere to appropriate legal requirements and regulations (for example, FDA regulations regarding advertising and promotion).